These weren’t your usual “pen, notepad and handful of leaflets” goody bags. No, these sparkly wonders were much more goody-filled.
Those attending the Gala Dinner got even more books – a pair of books greeted us as our ‘favour’ at each place setting. It was a book lovers heaven.
So, what with the goody bag books, the Gala Dinner books, and the three books I bought from the Festival Bookshop, I came away with eleven new books. And a much heavier suitcase!
The eleven books I’ve added to my reading list are:
1. Debi Alper’s Trading Tatiana (Orion). I bought this because I adored her first book.
2. Toby Frost’s Space Captain Smith (Myrmidon). I bought this because I heard the author read an excerpt and it was totally laugh-out-loud hilarious.
3. Nicola Morgan‘s Wasted (Walker). I bought this because I’ve heard brilliant stuff about it, and I love the author’s blog.
4. Stephen King‘s Different Seasons (Hodder)
5. Turning the Tide by Christine Stovell (Choc Lit)
6. I have waited, and you have come by Martine McDonagh (MyriaEditions)
7. Florence & Giles by John Harding (blue door)
8. The Juggler by Sebastian Beaumont (Myrmidon)
9. The Blood Lance by Craig Smith (Myrmidon)
10. Once, Two Islands by Dawn Garisch (Myrmidon)
11. The Stonecutter by Camilla Lackberg (Harper)
They’re a good mix of genres, and I’m looking forward to exploring new books by some of my favorite authors, as well as books by authors I’ve not yet read.
I can’t wait!